Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition
Top vocal students from around the world flock to the Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition to compete for a $500,000 pool of prizes. Launched in 2006, the annual competition at the University of Kentucky marks a continued partnership between Alltech and the University of Kentucky Opera Theatre department. This partnership has created the largest vocal competition in Kentucky and positioned UK Opera Theatre as a Richard Tucker Foundation top recommended opera program. Alltech's support of this competition also led to Alltech being named a top ten company in the United States supporting the arts by the Americans for the Arts in 2012.
Alltech Vocal Scholars have contributed to Alltech's philanthropic efforts in Haiti by teaching music to the Haitian primary school children. They have also performed at numerous Alltech events including the Alltech FEI World Equestrian GamesTM, Symposium, Ambassador dinners around the world, the annual Celebration of Song and the Gathering Ireland 2013.
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2016
Location: Singletary Center for the Arts (on the campus of the University of Kentucky)
Free and open to the public
2016 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2015 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2014 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2013 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2012 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2011 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
2010 Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition Results
Alltech is a global animal health company headquartered in Kentucky, now providing natural, nutritional solutions to the animal feed industry with offices in 85 countries around the world. Alltech was the title sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games held in 2010 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
The mission of the OperaLex is to enhance the general public's awareness and appreciation of opera in central Kentucky and throughout the Commonwealth, primarily through support of the Opera Program at the University of Kentucky and the continuation of its educational and public programs. The not-for-profit organization consists of a Board of Directors and a general membership category known as the Bravo Guild.
Since 1953, Bryant's Rent-All has been serving Central Kentucky's special events and equipment needs. They are a family-owned business now in their third generation.
Prizes & Awards
The Alltech Graduate Prize
- 1st Prize: $12,000 plus tuition waiver and graduate assistantship*
- 2nd Prize: $ 8,000 plus tuition waiver and graduate assistantship*
The Vocal Awards for Undergraduate Students
- 1st Place: $6,000 plus tuition waiver*
- 2nd Place: $4,000 plus tuition waiver*
- The competition for the Alltech Vocal Scholarship is open to all new voice students in all vocal categories who plan on attending the University of Kentucky commencing the 2014-2015 academic year.
- All students participating in the competition must have made an application to the university by the time of the audition and must be acceptable for admission to the University of Kentucky.
- The UK School of Music admissions audition serves also as the preliminary audition screening for the Alltech Competition. Preliminary auditions will be held during regular UK School of Music auditions.
- Finalists will be invited to campus for the Alltech Competion on Sunday, March 9, 2015.
- You must be enrolled as full-time student during the following academic year to receive the awards.
- Judges will be selected from a panel of outside professionals in the field.
- Winners in the Graduate category receive full tuition stipends in addition to these awards.
- Winner may only receive prize money once. Prize money will be distributed incrementally for the duration of student's matriculation as long as student meets academic requirements and graduate in required number of years according to the specific degree requirements.
To schedule a UK School of Music admissions audition, during which you may be considered for the Alltech Competition auditions, please apply on the UK School of Music website.