Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition
The Alltech Vocal Scholarship Competition was conceived by Dr. Pearse Lyons, founder of Alltech. The competition is open to all new voice students in all vocal categories who plan on attending the University of Kentucky commencing the 2013-2014 academic year.
Date: Sunday, March 3, 2013
Location: Singletary Center for the Arts (on the campus of the University of Kentucky)
Free and open to the public
Alltech is a global animal health company headquartered in Kentucky, now providing natural, nutritional solutions to the animal feed industry with offices in 85 countries around the world. Alltech was the title sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games held in 2010 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
The mission of the Lexington Opera Society (LOS) is to enhance the general public's awareness and appreciation of opera in central Kentucky and throughout the Commonwealth, primarily through support of the Opera Program at the University of Kentucky and the continuation of its educational and public programs. The not-for-profit organization consists of a Board of Directors and a general membership category known as the Bravo Guild.
Since 1953, Bryant's Rent-All has been serving Central Kentucky's special events and equipment needs. They are a family-owned business now in their third generation.
Prizes & Awards
The Alltech Graduate Prize
- 1st Prize: $12,000 plus full tuition and graduate assistantship*
- 2nd Prize: $ 8,000 plus full tuition and graduate assistantship*
- 3rd Prize: $ 5,000*
The Vocal Awards for Undergraduate Students
- 1st Place: $6,000 plus tuition waiver*
- 2nd Place: $3,000 plus tuition waiver*
- 3rd Place: $2,000*
- The competition for the Alltech Vocal Scholarship is open to all new voice students in all vocal categories who plan on attending the University of Kentucky commencing the 2013-2014 academic year.
- All students participating in the competition must have made an application to the university by the time of the audition and must be acceptable for admission to the University of Kentucky.
- The UK School of Music admissions audition serves also as the preliminary audition screening for the Alltech Competition. Preliminary auditions will be held during regular UK School of Music auditions.
- Finalists will be invited to campus for the Alltech Competion on Sunday, March 3, 2013.
- You must be enrolled as full-time student during the following academic year to receive the awards.
- Judges will be selected from a panel of outside professionals in the field.
- Winners in the Graduate category receive full tuition stipends in addition to these awards.
- Winner may only receive prize money once. Prize money will be distributed incrementally for the duration of student's matriculation as long as student meets academic requirements and graduate in required number of years according to the specific degree requirements.
To schedule a UK School of Music admissions audition, during which you may be considered for the Alltech Competition auditions, please apply on the UK School of Music website.